Magellan's client, located in Montgomery County, is a premier provider of back-office investment processing services to private banks, registered investment advisors and money managers. Our client is seeking Java Developers to help expand and grow their development efforts.
* Participates in scope review / high level estimating sessions
* Drives the logical grouping of scope items from technical implementation standpoint.
* Participates in collaborative design sessions with business leads, BAs, QA resources and architect(s).
* Schedules / manages design review process for technical designs
* Ensures that the application is designed to meet the performance requirements
* Responsible for actually coding complex technical functions to meet business requirements and scalability targets.
* Responsible for coordinating and driving code review process for new and modified code
* Responsible for carrying out PE testing and tuning on the developed to meet scalability targets
* Responsible for Unit testing and driving Unit test approach
* Responsible for test tool development
* Participates in and / or manages the labeling, build and validation process for each release.
* Works with QA resource(s) to address issues arising during component, integration and system test cycles.
* Coordinates troubleshooting and interaction with technical clients for addressing design and code-related issues.
* Coordinate daily code delivery and installation across all environments (Dev, IT, and QA).
* Establish and drive process to lower the number of build related failures
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Science
- Minimum of 7 years of application development experience in the investment management domain
- Hands-on coding experience in multiple skill areas: Java, JEE, PL/SQL and Web technologies.
- Strong JAVA, J2EE skills (EJB, JPA, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, JMS, SOAP and Web Services) with hands on programming experience in WebLogic, JDBC and Oracle PL/SQL.
About Magellan Search & Staffing
Regionally based in Philadelphia, PA, Magellan Search & Staffing specializes in the placement of accounting, finance, administrative, human resources, information technology, mechanical, construction, and renewable energy professionals into direct-hire, consulting, contract and temporary positions. In recent years, our company has won a number of coveted business awards, including being named to the 2013 Best of Staffing™ as Presented by CareerBuilder for Clients and Talent, the 2013 Inc. 500|5000 list, the 2012 Philadelphia 100 List, and the 2013 Top Executive Recruiters list.